Shopping with Your Dog in Nassau County, NY
There are plenty of shopping destinations in Nassau County that are dog friendly. If your dog is well-mannered and leash-trained, he will make a fine shopping companion—and get plenty of pats along the way.
*As policies can change, we strongly recommend calling before you go.
- Americana Manhasset, 2060 Northern Boulevard at Searington Road, Manhasset. Dogs are allowed to walk outside the complex with their owners provided they are on a leash and in their own’s control at all times. Also cleaning up after them is a must. It is up to the individual stores whether to allow them inside.
- Huntington Antique Center, 129 Main Street/H 25A, Cold Spring Harbor. Huntington Antique Center allows well-behaved dogs 55 lbs and under. All dogs must be leashed and under their owners’ control at all times.
- Petco Pet Store. There are six area Petco stores and all allow your leashed, licensed, and well-behaved dog inside. Nearby locations are:
- 806 Sunrise Hwy, Baldwin
- 2965 Hempstead Turnpike, Levittown
- 5500 Sunrise Highway, Massapequa
- 565 Jericho Turnpike, Syosset
- 366 West Sunrise Highway, Valley Stream
- 189 Old Country Road, Carle Place
- Orvis Company Store, 50 Glen Cove Road, Greenvale. Orvis welcomes well-behaved dogs that are leashed and under their owners’ control at all times.
- Anthropologie, 9 Northern Boulevard, Greenvale and 630 Old Country Road, #2036-B, Garden City. The store allows leashed, well-behaved dogs.
- Bloomingdale's, 630 Old Country Road, Garden City, (516) 873-2700. The upscale department store welcomes leashed, well-mannered dogs that are under their owner's control at all times.